Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Best Birthday EVER!!!

I woke up Monday morning (after not sleeping much the night before) thinking it was going to be just another Monday.  I was waiting for Stacee to drop Dylan off, and as it got closer and closer to 7 a.m. I was sure that every car door I heard was hers.  Jacob was up getting ready for work, and I heard him moving dishes in the kitchen.  I came out and told him to stay in the kitchen (he wasn't fully dressed) because I thought Stacee was here.  She wasn't, so I went back to bed.  Abby woke up so I started to feed her.  Hannah woke up about then, too.  A minute later Jacob came into our bedroom holding Hannah and a birthday card for me.  He had written a very sweet note on one side, and a schedule on the other.  
The schedule said: 8:00 a.m.  - Leave
8:30 a.m. - Drop girls off
9:00 a.m. - ?
10:00 a.m. - ?
11:00 a.m. - ?
I looked up at Jacob in complete shock.  He had taken the day off, arranged with Stacee to have someone else watch Dylan, and gotten a babysitter for our girls.  Could the day get any better?  
After we dropped the girls off at the Lutz's we went and had massages, and then he took me out to lunch.  We had the whole morning to ourselves, which hadn't happened in a very long time, and I didn't have to share my food at lunch!  (Jacob never tastes what I order.)  It was a fantastic day.  We brought the girls home and I fed Abby while Jacob and Hannah picked dandelions out of the front lawn.  Jacob mowed our lawn and the neighbor's lawn, then he, Hannah and Abby all took naps.  We had dinner (which I didn't have to cook, and neither did Jacob thanks to our dinner group) and Jacob made me a delicious cake.  He put all the candles on it, and they melted all over the strawberries and bananas before I blew them out.  (It took him longer to get the wax off than it did to put the candles on!)  
The whole day was perfect.  It was so nice to have a break like that, and get to spend time alone with my best friend.  Jacob, thank you for being so thoughtful and treating me so well.  I love you!!!
I also enjoyed the phone calls, cards, and birthday wishes from friends and family.  Thank you for thinking of me, and making my day even more special!

4 comments:

The Arey Fam said...

oh my heck! happy birthday! what a nice day! Jacob is so thoughtful! I bet it is crazy being a mother of two now, so its nice to have some time off. we need to get together sometime!

Stephanie Ellinger said...

Happy Birthday! You deserved a great day like that :) What a thoughtful husband you have.

BonnieKaye said...

How wonderful! I am so glad you had a relaxing day. Rick and I will be in Utah May 21 through the morning of May 25. We have to get together!

Groverfam said...

i must admit i am a bad sister in law and didn't even know it was your bday until jacob told me the next day- beaming of course from what a great day he had planned for you. you truly are blessed and i for one know that jacob knows how blessed he is with you and that is why he treats you like the queen you are. You deserve it. thanks for making him so happy.